Under direction of the Managing Partners and the Vice President of Operations, and in cooperation with the Property Managers, plan and execute all property and facilities management and maintenance functions for the CWD portfolio of properties and manage and train CWD’s Maintenance Staff in conjunction with the CWD Vision and Mission.
Submit applications via email Email or ZipRecruiter.
Monday – Friday, 8 hours per day; Hours will vary depending on assignments.
Rotating after-hours on-call schedule; may include evenings, weekends & holidays
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Training, supervision, and management of Maintenance Technicians Create and manage a schedule of Maintenance Technician building assignments Create and manage the on-call schedule for weekends and holidays
- Coordinate combined time off (CTO) of Maintenance Technicians to ensure proper staffing level is maintained at all times
- Develop and execute training program and materials for new Maintenance Technicians
- Identify and schedule regular training activities for Maintenance Technicians that will increase internal skill level or efficiency
- Regular review and evaluation of Maintenance Technicians Coordination of proactive facilities management and maintenance functions at all properties managed by CWD
- Develop and recommend strategic facilities management objectives for each property including but not limited to a rolling five-year plan of maintenance and capital repairs, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives, etc.
- Research and implement new processes and technology to improve the operational efficiency of each property, including but not limited to: energy use, security, cleaning, client response time, etc.
- Develop and maintain aesthetic appearance standards for each property and manage the implementation of standards using maintenance technician and third party contractor resources Ensuring the aesthetic appearance of all properties at the highest possible level
- Coordinate the bidding and letting of service contracts with Property Managers, seeking to use the scale of the portfolio to reduce overall costs
- Develop and execute a Preventative Maintenance (PM) program for each property Identify the PM items for each property
- Bid the PM items for each property with a minimum of 3 qualified contractors Prepare a PM schedule for each property to ensure timely completion of work
- Maintain PM records Develop and execute a series of Recurring Work Orders (RWO) for each property
- Identify daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal and annual tasks that require completion
- Create checklists for specific RWOs as needed to ensure proper completion of tasks
- Create RWOs in Yardi and distribute to appropriate Maintenance Technicians Regularly inspect each property to ensure that both PM and RWO programs are being properly executed and evaluate program versus performance standards
- Coordinate PMs and RWOs with Property Managers to ensure adherence to property budget
- Coordination of reactive maintenance functions at all properties managed by CWD Develop, document and execute a systematic program to prioritize, assign, complete, and follow up on all maintenance requests by tenants, property owners, or CWD personnel
- Manage and support emergency maintenance and emergency repair projects as they arise (on-call support)
- Notify Property Managers of maintenance issues that arise and propose recommended solutions
- Manage preparation of tenant Move-Ins and Move-Outs, as needed
- Develop a Move-Out checklist and Vacant Property Standards Ensure suites are properly prepared for brokerage showings when requested
- Assist Property Managers with bidding and execution of repair or capital projects as needed
- Maintain appropriate facility management and maintenance records
- Assist with implementation of Yardi Purchase Orders and associated workflow
- Inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies
- Warranty and Preventative Maintenance information for all equipment and work completed
- Material Data Sheets
- Incident Reports
- Key Boxes and Key Charts
- Emergency Action Plans
- Review maintenance billings for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain the facilities and maintenance shop and inventory in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion
- Store equipment and tools in a manner that will maximize useful life and ensure efficient access when needed Store maintenance supplies in a manner that will prevent damage or loss and allows for efficient access when needed
- Manage CWD maintenance vehicle fleet
- Maintain CWD vehicles in clean, safe, and working condition
- Ensure that use of CWD vehicles is conducted consistent with CWD Vehicle Policy
- Participate in overall Asset Management activities for each property
- Coordinate with Accounting, Brokerage, Development, and Property Management departments to provide reports to building owners per management agreements and other arrangements
- Provide internal communication reporting per the CWD strategic initiative regarding communication
- Participate in the creation of detailed strategic plans for each asset Participate in company-wide management activities
- Completion of CWD Strategic Plan initiatives
- Work with the Vice President of Finance to develop annual department revenue and expense budget
- Coordinate property management transitions with Property Managers and Maintenance Technicians
- Assist in the evaluation of potential acquisitions or new assets by conducting property inspections and obtaining 3rd party reports as needed
- Duties as otherwise assigned by the Vice President of Operations or Managing Partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management or related field, or equivalent work experience
- CFM, FMA industry certifications preferred
- Other engineering, business, or technical training and certifications desired
- Minimum 7+ years of experience managing the operation of a large, diverse commercial real estate portfolio
- A breadth of experience in all areas of property operation and building management is preferred, including specifically optimizing energy efficiency, implementing aesthetic appearance standards, and strategic planning
- Top candidates are highly organized, detailed and analytical, customer service oriented, technologically proficient, and possess a strong sense of urgency
- Experience with Yardi Voyager as management software is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals
- Ability to speak and write effectively in English
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and offer solutions if unable to resolve
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
- Valid driver's license
- Preferred OSHA 10-hour safety training (not required)
Other skills and abilities:
- Must possess a firm understanding of plumbing, electrical, and mechanical systems
- Must be able to safely operate vehicles, hand tools, power tools, snow blower, power washer, leaf blower, etc…
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner via phone, text message, and email
- Must be comfortable with use of Smart Phone technology
- Preferred: Yardi Mobile and/or Yardi Voyager experience
- Preferred: Experienced in use of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to cold, wet, and/or humid conditions.
The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Earplugs and eye protection are provided and must be worn when using equipment, i.e., mower, weed eater, chainsaw, etc.