There's an energy that's building.
Grand Rapids is on the rise in more ways than one - growing and leading in many economic categories.
We have vibrant neighborhoods, an increasing roster of world class attractions, and are located just minutes from one of the greatest natural resources in the world. Here are just a few of Grand Rapids’ accomplishments that are turning heads across the country.
- #26 Best Metro in the U.S. for STEM Professionals, WalletHub, 2018
- #1 Region for End-of-Life Care Quality, Washington Post, 2018
- #4 Top Counties in Michigan for Manufacturing Jobs - Kent County, U.S. Census Bureau
- #1 Metro for Living a Balanced Lifestyle, MagnifyMoney, 2018
- #3 Cities for First-Time Home Buyers, LendingTree, 2018
- #7 Fastest Growing Economy in the U.S., Forbes and Headlight Data, 2018
- #2 Most Improved Metros for Percentage Growth in GRP, Headlight Data, 2018
- #2 Best Places for New Small Businesses, LendingTree, 2018
- High-Performing City, Governing and LIving Cities, 2018
- #13 Best Large City to Start a Business, WalletHub, 2018
- #2 Best Place to Make the Most of a Tight Budget, 2018
- #6 Smaller City Poised to Skyrocket, Realtor.com, 2018
- #10 Best Cities to Start a Career, WalletHub, 2018
- #5 America's Most Underrated Cities, Travel + Leisure, 2017
- #19 Best Cities in the U.S., US News, 2017
- #1 Top Places to Visit in the U.S., Groupon, 2015
- #69 Fastest Growing Economy in the World, Brookings Institute, 2014
- Top 10 Mid-size City for Jobs, Forbes, 2013
- #1 Place To Raise A Family, Forbes 2012
For more information about the greater Grand Rapids area, please visit:
The Right Place: Advancing the West Michigan Economy
Downtown Grand Rapids, Inc.
Experience Grand Rapids